Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 2 of Shinmas

Today we have another two special treats - my first guest had actually contacted me last month to talk about their products. I really loved the neatness of their website and that they wanted to sell a variety of seeds, but more importantly, they love to advertise. While you may not think of this site having anything to do with anything creamy or saucy - they often lead to delectable recipes for almond butter, sesame sauces and lots of other lavish things to do with nuts and seeds. I still haven't been able to post my ground pumpkin seed risotto for the site, but I would say that this is a great alternative. The company is named "EatSeed" and I would definitely suggest checking them out.

EatSeed has a nice variety of seeds that you can get on their own OR you can get your own special seed blend. In this you could buy one of their own special seed blends or make your own. They sell specialty flours and if you can't find chia, flax or black sesame seeds too often (like I do) this would be a great website to check out. Their prices are quite equal in proportion to the amount you get and you have the option of receiving roasted and toasted seeds if you do not wish to have them raw.

The variety of seeds is very nice - as they even serve hemp along with chia, pumpkin, flax, sesame ect. And one thing that I absolutely cannot forget is their "Superseed Of The Month Club" for less than $90 a year for eight ounce bags for each seed selection. It can get a bit pricey depending on your own market, but to offset that it appears that you also get reward points which you can then use to counter-balance the cons. I was smitten.

EatSeed Website: http://www.eatseed.com/
EatSeed Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/EatSeed/483750051643395?fref=ts 


Speaking of smitten - my next guest has me Susmitten, she has guest posted for my blog before and I her, so she is no stranger! Something that interested me very much on her blog recently was her post about "Vegan Ice cream Basics". In this she shows how to make an extremely simple ice cream base in which you can make anything interesting and, if you feel up to it, quite gourmet. You'll never have to worry about finding an entirely new recipe when you want a big change up from your typical ice cream flavors with this post. Don't forget to check out the rest of her blog for more imaginative recipes such as these.

Veganosaurus Blog Link: http://blog.veganosaurus.com/ 

 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...