Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Luigi Bento

Originally this was suppose to be Mario (notice how the mustache is "bumpy") but I noticed right away how long his head was and subconciously I knew that this was to be Luigi. I used the healthy vegan food markers for this and this bento is what I consider to be a no-fruit bento culinary-wise.  I used radishes instead of cheese to be healthier - did you notice? I also made some really tasty sausages to go with this bento that were excellent!

Luigi Bento Ingredients:
1 Green Pea Sausage
Carrots
Zucchini
Bell Peppers
Parsnips
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Lotus Root


Green Pea Sausage (gluten-free) Recipe:
1 tsp of Sage
1 and 1/2 tsp Fennel
Pepper, Salt, Parsley and Oregano to Taste
2 tsp of Garlic Powder
1 bag of Shocked Peas
1/4 cup of Cooked Lentils
1/4 cup of Roasted Mushrooms

A handful of Toasted Walnuts
Potato Starch (enough to mix)

Combine everything together in a food processor except for the walnuts which you will chop up. Stir in the walnuts and any starch that is needed to keep it from becoming to thin or gummy, but don't let it get too thin either. Lightly fry on both sides and then bake at 450 degrees to keep extremely crunchy - to be sure, make sure that you only use about four tablespoonfuls of the batter for each patty.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Marina - its great to see you posting! ^^

      Delete
  2. Love the Mario Bros game when I was young (don't want to mention how many years ago hahaha ...) and now my kids are playing that game too. I want to show this to my kids because is awesome one! (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lia. ^^; I think we're around the same boat with that...I still remember having to blow into the cartridge! Hehe

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...